Happy holidays, friends!
Here at Wormfarm, it’s been a year of fruitful Test Plots and joyous discoveries, even while challenges remain. As the growing season shifts to one of rest and reflection, we see a bright future ahead as more folks wake up to the potential of rural places, and the essential connection to our urban neighbors.
This is what you helped us grow this year:
- A field of Kerzna (perennial grain) tended by an exciting collaboration between a farmer & an artist
- A remarkable residency season: eight artists got dirty, ate well & made art on the farm, and DISCover Art Golf: nine artists installed work in a disc golf course along the Baraboo River
- Big plans in the Village of Plain for 2022 Culture & Commerce
- Rural Urban FLOW seed exchanges, shared meals with farmers, artists, poets & chefs, and a video documenting our civic engagement efforts
- Building on relationships fostered during last year’s Farm/Art DTour, Little Eagle Arts Foundation worked with FLOW artists to install a large ceramic mural at a local public school
- Fermentation Fest teamed up with Grassland 2.0 for a rural revival & grazing renaissance, welcoming 2,000 visitors to the historic Witwen Park for delicious food, music in the tabernacle, bubble dancers, cow callers, cattail weavers and fermented concoctions… with more to come.
As we gained new perspectives about what our farmers do every day, and what they may do tomorrow, we were reminded that our 20 years in Sauk County are part of an ongoing polycultural rural revival. Can I get a witness?
Join the revival by making a contribution to Wormfarm today. You can also give to Wormfarm as you do your holiday shopping with Amazon Smile. Your gift will help us take the fruits of this year’s experiments and plan the next art and food-filled Farm/Art DTour (October 1-10, 2022). Save the date!
Thanks to a generous funder, we’re able to match your gift dollar-for-dollar up to $10,000. Thank you for helping us meet our year-end goal. I wish you a joyous new year.
Donna Neuwirth, Executive Director
And the Wormfarm Board of Directors